Internet Safety - Letter to parents November 2023
We teach our children about online safety at Bakewell CE Infant School through our computing curriculum. ICT can offer many positive educational and social benefits to young people, but unfortunately there are risks, too. As in any other area of life, children are vulnerable and may expose themselves to danger - knowingly or unknowingly – when using the internet.
The key dangers are:-
- Exposure to inappropriate material (this may be pornographic, hateful or violent in nature; material that encouraged activities that are dangerous or illegal, or simply age-inappropriate).
- The threat of physical danger through sharing personal information
At Bakewell CE Infant school we protect our children in the following ways:-
- All internet access is supervised, and protected by the school’s chosen firewall supplied by StormShield. Filtering by Surf Protect, (CAIC).
- All staff sign an ‘Acceptable Use Policy’ which covers the key principles of our online safety policy
- Regular online safety training and reviews of our policy.
Examples of our E-safety lessons.